Today’s electronic drum sets have addressed many of the problems of their predecessors. Some of the cheaper low-end drums and modules currently being manufactured have quality only slightly better than some of their earlier counterparts. Generally, these newer low-end electronic drums are focused toward the beginner or hobbyist and retail from less than $1,000 to around $2,200.
While several manufacturers have low-end or beginner sets, the professional kits are focused toward creating a playing and sound experience that is almost identical to that of a good acoustic set. One example is the Roland TD 20 SX Pro V-Drums, which retails for $6,999.00. A high-end electronic drum sets like this one will usually come with:
- Top Quality Digital Sound
- Realistic Hi-Hats
- Multiple Triggers
- Multiple Outputs
- Expansion Slots/MIDI Connections
- Positional Sensing and Dynamic Impact Detection
The Roland TD 20 SX Pro is a top of the line electronic drum set. There is an attractive brushed-metal look on this new kit with all new V-Kick and V-Pads. The hardware was newly designed to provide enhanced style, stability, and more flexible mounting options. The new Roland TD-20SX V-Pro series packs a full-on impression onstage with its industrial V-Pads, bigger V-Kick, silver-colored V-Cymbals, and rock-solid chrome drum rack. The Roland Drums TD-20X drum module is packed with hundreds of powerful and expressive sounds, and provides a newly integrated feature set that’s based on the famous Roland TD 20 and TDW-20.
– Integrated feature set based on TD-20 and TDW-20
– Latest sounds and improved dynamics for a supremely natural, powerful drumming experience
– Newly designed hardware provides enhanced stability, style, and flexible mounting options
– New silver-colored V-Cymbals(R) and V-Hi-Hat(R)
– New V-Pads and V-Kick with attractive brushed-metal look
– Custom covering system (interchangeable shell-wraps for V-Kick and V-Pads)
Note: Kick drum pedal, snare stand, and hi-hat stand are not included.
* Synthetic material with authentic brushed-metal appearance.
Roland TD 20 SX Configuration:
- TD-20X Percussion Sound Module x 1
- PD-125X V-Pad x 2
- PD-125XS V-Pad (Snare) x 1
- PD-105X V-Pad x 2
- VH-12-SV V-Hi-Hat x 1
- CY-14C-SV V-Cymbal Crash x 2
- CY-15R-SV V-Cymbal Ride x 1
- KD-140 V-Kick x 1
- MDS-25 Drum Stand x 1